After lots of research and evaluation of exercises, I have constructed my personal workout that is best for my body. While it may not be the best for you, I highly suggest you try it. over the course of working out for four months my bench press max has gone up by 45 lbs and my squat max has gone up by 65 lbs. My workout can only be used to its full potential when you understand your body. It is also best if you work cardio into your workout so you can burn fat while gaining muscle. Be sure to stay hydrated and eat lots of protein. without further adieu, here is my workout.
It is a scientific fact that your abs do not tear down, therefore, you can work them as much as you want without hurting your body. for my ab workout I do. . .
- Bench Crunches: 3 sets, 15 repetitions
- Hanging leg swings: 3 sets, 15 repetitions
- Ab Wheel: 3 sets, 10 repetitions
I am a firm believer in abs working during every exercise you ever do, (Its true, watch for it while your working out) so I recommend you work them as much as possible. Here is a video that will show you how to do the exercises I told you about with a few extras.I did not make this video, I was just inspired by it, its awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBh2m-YCkGw
Upper Body: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Bench Press: 3 sets, 10 repetitions. Use weight that gets difficult around the 7th repetition, but you are still able to complete the set. Rest for one to one and a half minutes after each set.
- Push ups: 50 repetitions: I do these in sets of 25, but do however many sets you want as long as you are feeling challenged.
- Dips: 3 sets, 20 repetitions
- Curls: 3 sets of 10 repetitions. You can do these with a bar, dumbbells, or anything you want. I use a bar at 85 lbs.
- Military press: 3 sets, 10 repetitions. Again you can use whatever you want to do these, but I use a bar.
- Upright Rows: 3 sets, 10 repetitions. use weight that gets difficult around the 7th rep.
- Dumbbell flies: 3 sets, 15 repetitions.
- Pull ups: as much as possible.
I rest for 10 minutes then I repeat the whole workout. I also begin and end every workout with abs. feel free to adjust the workout depending on your phase of athletic awesomeness. I will be posting my lower body workout (no, you can’t skip leg day) very soon.